and Immigration Canada Welcomes Foreign Students Citizenship and
Immigration Canada (CIC) recognizes the importance of foreign
students to the academic and business communities as well as to
the Canadian economy. Efficient and consistent processing of students
remains one of CIC's departmental priorities.
Canada welcomes the opportunity for foreign
students to be educated in the Canadian educational system. More
than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year. Many
foreign students also come to Canada to learn English and French.
Foreign students bring rich culture to Canadian classrooms. Your
knowledge and skills are welcome in Canadian schools.
A foreign national who wishes to study in Canada
may only do so if he/she is in possession of a Student Visa issued
by Canadian immigration authorities. For a foreign national to
pursue a secondary or post-secondary education in Canada, there
are two major steps that he/she will have to undertake:
1. He/She must be accepted in a program of study by a recognized
Canadian Secondary School or Post -Secondary
2. He/She must apply for and be granted a student authorization
(and visa if required) from Canadian immigration authorities
When submitting an application for a student authorization, a
foreign national will also need to provide the following documents:
1. Acceptance Letter from the Canadian educational institution
2. Proof of funds for school tuition and fees.
3. Proof of funds to support himself/herself for the duration
of his/her studies in Canada.
4. Application processing fee to be paid to the Canadian government.
5. A police clearance certificate from his/her country of residence
if he/she is 18 years of age or older
C.I.T.R.N: will assist clients in finding a
suitable and reputable college or university. We also help in
arranging for visas, accommodations and any other assistance in
settling you into new home.